Sunday 3 February 2008

Time Passed

Almost a whole year has passed to be exact.

Well, so much for the "I'm a writer and I'm going to write every day and keep a nice blog" idea.

I suppose I should do something though. I mean really. Kate is away at school most mornings and I REALLY don't have anything to do other than do household chores (HAHAHAHA! I'm so funny!) and play on my silly horse racing sites. Or play Lord of the Rings Online.

My sister (I talk about her a lot) would say that I should spend more time writing to her or posting her pictures of Kate. I wonder if every stay at home mom wishes that she could just stay in their pajamas all day and drink tea (or coffee)? I was wondering if I could build some sort of tube system like they have at the drive through banks in the US. (I don't know if they have them in the UK because I don't have a car to drive through them.) Something I could just pop Kate into and then send her off to school.

It would be a big help.

You see Kate hates weather. If it is anything other than sunny and bright, she is profoundly unhappy. If it is rainy and windy... well, forget it. I have to drag a crying, whimpering child either to or from school. Last week when we left school, she was begging me. "Mummy. Let's get in a car, pleeeeeease." She didn't care that we don't own a car. She would have gotten into any car that wasn't locked as far as she was concerned.

I've managed to convince her that the wind's main purpose for existing is to blow the clouds away. That helps a bit. And rain happens so that things like dog poop get washed away.

Right now she is in her room having a crying fit. It's quite funny when you listen to it. She forces this "wah waaaah waaaaah" sound out and she sounds like a really cheap, crying baby doll. Why is she crying, you ask? Well, it's because Mummy told her that she had to stop playing Lord of the Rings Online.

Yes, my 4 year old is addicted to an online computer game. I seriously monitor her play time and she doesn't get to play it often. Well, not as often as her mom and dad play it. However, the times we do let her play... it's a real struggle getting her to stop. She does really well, actually. She navigates the landscape very well and has a pet bear that helps her in her adventures. (Normally, Mom or Dad follow along to help out.) She is learning to make her character cast spells and do the little special skills, and she is really good at getting the *treasure* off the corpses of the dead animals.

Which explains why her Gran was a bit puzzled when during a session of Kate's more imaginative play involving some of her animals having a big fight.... one fell over and Kate said, "Oops. He's dead. Time to get the treasure."

Ah, well. With the parents that she has, she really has little chance at being something other than a geek.

Well, we'll see what time brings next. I'm not going to make any crazy promises or set any goals regarding ... well, anything really.

2 comments:

Kasey's Mom said...

Ah, Chip!!! I miss you on the board. I love your writing and hope you write more, more, more!!

-K&K

Chip said...

Thanks for stopping by, K!

Hope little K and you are doing great!! I still poke around the board, but seem to lack the energy to write anything as lengthy as I used to!

I'm hoping this Blog helps me recapture some of that motivation!

God Bless!

Chip