Wednesday 6 January 2010

Christmas Addendum

I must apologise.

I've been royally told off by Kate who wanted to know why I didn't put her letter from Santa Claus on the blog.

So, to appease the Lady of the Castle... here it is.

Dear Kate,

I hope your Mom and Dad don’t mind that I used their computers to type you a quick note. My fingers are so stiff and cold that I couldn’t hold a pencil to write you a proper note.

Thank you for the lovely mince pies. They really were nice. My elf helper, Eleanor, was so hungry that I let her have one. Poor thing. It’s her first year on the sleigh and she’s a bit weary. I must remember to tell her what a good job she is doing.

I hope you enjoy your presents. You’ve been a very good girl this year. You are so quick and clever at school. You work very hard and try to do your best. Your Mom is always telling people what a good helper you are at home. These are the kinds of things I love to hear about children. Keep it up!

I know you are worried about things like fire and floods these days. Don’t worry. I know you are a brave girl and will soon stop worrying about them.

Well, I better get back to work. There are children who live in America who I need to visit soon. Do you know Shelby, Carly, and Bradley Levan? How about Athena Evans? Don’t tell anyone, but they are all on the good list this year!

Which is where I want to see your name again. On the good list. Make sure you listen to your Mom and Dad and do your best at school and I’m sure you’ll be there again next year.

Love,
Santa Claus

P.S. I didn’t wake up Gran or Fred.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Kate is very much loved by all

Anonymous said...

She is indeed Kate the Great! Lovely girl, getting lovelier by the minute!